If you haven't already signed the main petition or the letter to President Bush at One.org, it's at least one small, non-partisan thing you can do before the July 6th G8 meeting. http://www.one.org/ActionSignup.aspx http://www.one.org/AddMyVoice.aspx
Dear President Bush,
* ONE billion people around the world live on less than ONE dollar a day;
* The US government spends less than ONE percent on overcoming global AIDS and poverty;
* Citizens are uniting as ONE across political and religious divides to support action to overcome the emergency of global AIDS and extreme poverty.
At the G8 leaders meeting on July 6th we urge you to:
* Help the poorest people of the world fight poverty, AIDS and hunger at a cost equal to just ONE percent more of the US budget on a clear timetable;
* Cancel 100% of the debts owed by the poorest countries;
* Reform trade rules so poor countries can earn sustainable incomes.
We urge you to lead an historic deal with other nations to help Africa and the poorest nations overcome global AIDS and extreme poverty. Together as ONE, we can Make Poverty History this July.
Please, pass this around.